|Type/Department:||Administrator in Admissions Office|
|Search Status:||Search Suspended|
|Apply Now:||Currently we are not accepting resumes for this position.|
Department: Office of Admissions
Job Title: Database Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $42,000 - $45,000 /Exempt
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Director of Admissions Data and Technology
Anticipated Start Date: October 10, 2022
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. The department of admissions conducts extensive in-person travel and virtual meetings to recruit students who will embrace the Hampshire College community and the College’s distinctive approach to a liberal arts education. Through a holistic review of its global applicant pool, admissions seeks a diverse range of students who will consider how their education will innovate, pioneer, and profoundly and positively impact the common good. As part of the admissions team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for understanding and analyzing the use of our customer relationship management software and admissions data to support departmental operations and functions. This includes data management, maintenance and reporting. Researches, tests, implements and maintains departmental data applications to provide effective, accurate, and timely services to our constituents. Analyzes changing operational needs and works with the director of admissions data and technology to recommend and implement enhancements to existing systems or new projects and systems to support those needs. Ensures reliability, accessibility, and relevance of information tools.
- Experience supporting Higher Education student information systems, preferably Datatel Colleage and Slate CRM.
- Working knowledge with Slate online forms, process builders, data integration, configurable joins,and liquid mark-up tools.
- Solid understanding of application and database architecture, web interfaces, and network systems.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of workflow processes /techniques for new or revised computer applications, designing methods of processing data and technical report writing
- Experience with technology project implementation and management
- Knowledge of admissions operations
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with staff and faculty at all levels of the organization is essential.
- Demonstrates skill in understanding of cultural differences.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Promotes diversity, equity and inclusion activities.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Minimum one-year job related experience
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin on September 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.