Academic Administrator II
|Type/Department:||Staff in Dean of Faculty Office|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Department: Dean of Faculty
Job Title: Academic Administrator II
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $25.00 - $28.00 Hour / Non-Exempt
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs
Anticipated Start Date: March, 2023
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. The dean of faculty office provides support to all faculty, students and academic affairs staff. As part of the dean of faculty team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the associate vice president of academic affairs, the academic administrator II is responsible for overseeing the management of the academic units and providing support to the academic deans. Working with the academic deans, the academic administrator is responsible for providing administrative support for the daily activities of the academic units, faculty reappointment and promotion process, course scheduling, faculty/staff hiring and building management. The academic administrator liases with other College administrative offices as well as with other offices in the Five Colleges. Additionally, this position manages the centralized student grant process and maintains the relevant college web pages. The academic administrator works collaboratively with the academic support team which consists of that associate vice president of academic affairs, the DOF office manager, and the academic administrator responsible for budgets.
- Project management and long-term planning
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be adept at managing crises of all sorts
- Must be able to exercise thoughtful and independent judgment
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced and complex setting, be agile and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Must have excellent communication skills, high-level written, oral, interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Must be fluent in Word, Excel (spreadsheets), google workspace and be able to quickly learn new systems and embrace updates to existing software.
- A commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds, and empowering students of all abilities is essential.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-oppression concepts and issues, especially as they apply to Academic Affairs.
- Experience working in a higher education administrative office
- Experience managing budgets
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Three years job-related experience
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We’re particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin on February 3 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.