Five College Visiting Assistant Professor of Computer Animation (2021-22)
|Type/Department:||Faculty in Cognitive Science|
|Search Status:||Search Suspended|
|Apply Now:||Currently we are not accepting resumes for this position.|
Hampshire College is seeking a visiting assistant professor to help us maintain our leadership role in undergraduate computer animation education. This one-year visiting position (2021–21) will be located on the Hampshire campus and supported by Five Colleges Inc., a nonprofit educational corporation that fosters collaborations among its associated institutions: Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts. Since its founding in 1970, Hampshire has been a leader in experimental student-driven education and continues today with no departments, no letter grades, and customized majors for every student. Each student’s journey through Hampshire is unique and self-directed. Faculty members are responsible for advising, supporting, and inspiring a multi-disciplinary and diverse student body.
- Teach two courses per semester (generally one introductory course and one upper-level course)
- Oversee and update our cutting-edge Computer Animation curriculum in collaboration with colleagues
- Advise students at all levels in their Hampshire programs, including close mentorship on their individualized concentrations and their capstone (thesis) projects
- A passion for innovative undergraduate teaching
- Professional experience in Computer Animation
- A track record as both a successful collaborator and an independent scholar/artist
- A commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse academic community
- A terminal degree and/or substantial industry experience by the date of appointment (August 1, 2021)
- Letter describing teaching and scholarly/artistic interests
- Links to sample work
- Names, titles, and contact information for three referees
Submit your materials via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu and click on "apply for this position." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled. Contact Hampshire’s Dean of Faculty, Christoph Cox (firstname.lastname@example.org), with any questions.
Hampshire College is committed to an active, intentional, and ongoing engagement with diversity—in the curriculum, in students and employees, and in the college’s intellectual, social, and cultural endeavors. Hampshire recognizes that institutional excellence comes from fully engaging with diversity in all aspects of its activities. We seek applicants who will contribute to the College’s commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse academic community. We strongly encourage applications from women and minority candidates.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.