Advancement Events Coordinator
|Type/Department:||Staff in College Advancement|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Job Title: Advancement Events Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $17.00 - $20.00 Hour / Non-Exempt
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Director of Advancement Services
Anticipated Start Date: December 13, 2021
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. The mission of the college advancement team is to build and sustain positive relationships across multiple constituencies and to engage robust philanthropic support from many different sources in order to realize fully the academic mission and potential of Hampshire College. As part of the advancement team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The advancement events coordinator will plan, market, and execute virtual and in-person events both on and off-campus in support of the advancement division. This position is responsible for independently managing all aspects of event production, including registration and email invitation system, marketing materials, day of logistics, volunteer and staff briefings, follow-up, and tracking event metrics. The advancement events coordinator will also, with limited direction, be the primary point person arranging catering, working with hosts, booking event space, etc. for advancement events. Evening and weekend work required, along with occasional travel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build and strengthen relationships with diverse constituents.
- High level of customer service, with the ability to communicate independently with major donors, trustees, and other VIPs.
- Comfort with fund-raising and ability to work collaboratively with gift officers and other Advancement staff.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, with occasional travel.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Position requires a high level of attention to detail and strong aesthetics.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to keep multiple projects and priorities on schedule, adapt to changing needs and priorities, and take initiative.
- A commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
- Event production skills, including experience executing successful high-impact events for non-profits, businesses, or other professional groups.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and online registration management system required.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Hampshire College.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree and 4 years relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
- Experience using fundraising database, mass email communication tool, and online task management tools preferred.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin on October 20, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.