FSW- Supervisor/Catering Supervisor
|Type/Department:||Staff in Hampshire Food|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Department: Dining Services
Job Title: FSW- Supervisor/Catering Supervisor
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 40 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $19.00 – $21.00 Hour/Non-Exempt/10-month employment cycle August 1 to May 31
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Assistant Director of Dining Services
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
NOW OFFERING A $300 SIGNING BONUS
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. Our dining services department provides high quality meal services to students, employees, and guests in the form of take-out, dining-in, and catering from multiple locations on campus. Dining services is a creative, collaborative, and positive work environment. As part of the dining services team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The FSW Supervisor/ Catering Supervisor will direct and participate in the activities of associates during a specific shift and oversee that assigned job expectations are completed while policy and procedure is maintained. Works directly with management team fielding and assisting with the entire catering process from start to finish. Duties include but limited to supervision of dining operations, planning and execution of catering events, and general department support.
- This person in this position will have a strong passion for, and the motivation to create great quality breads, pastries, and desserts, adhering to the Hampshire College sustainability commitments.
- This role requires success at creating vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and allergen free offerings.
- The person in this role will have working knowledge of standard culinary units of measure, current and popular trends in the food service industry, and the ability to replicate these trends.
- The person in this role will be familiar with, and able to operate a wide range of industrial kitchen equipment ie; steamers, convection ovens, tilt skillets, slicers, robot coupe, stand mixers and floor mixers
- This role will demand fine knife handling skills as well as the knowledge and ability to use numerous cooking techniques.
- The person in this position will need to work in a wide temperature range.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Demonstrates and supports a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strengthens Hampshire College’s climate for diversity, equity & inclusion.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of three years job-related experience
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.