Coordinator of Holistic Learning Program
|Type/Department:||Staff in Center for Academic Support and Advising|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Department: Office of Accessibility Resources and Services
Job Title: Coordinator of Holistic Learning Program
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $24.00 - $27.00 Hour / Non-Exempt)
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Director of Office of Accessibility Resources and Services
Anticipated Start Date: August 15, 2022
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. OARS strives to provide an inclusive learning atmosphere that ensures equal access for all students to education and all aspects of campus life by providing reasonable accommodations, participating in interactive student meetings, and promoting access for Hampshire College students, staff, and faculty. Hampshire College will not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, educational process, or treatment of students with disabilities. In making reasonable accommodations, Hampshire College considers educational academic accommodations, accessible housing, and other services available to all students.
OARS aims to empower students to receive equal access to education and all aspects of campus life, through removing barriers to equal access and promoting self-advocacy through multidisciplinary collaborations. OARS is committed to helping students with disabilities achieve their academic goals by providing reasonable accommodations under appropriate circumstances. As part of the Office of Justice, Equity, and Antiracism we handle the needs of students with disabilities and we take those needs seriously.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the director of office of accessibility resources and services (OARS), the coordinator of the Holistic Learning Program (HLP) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the operations of the Holistic Learning Program (HLP) inclusive of teaching HLP class and providing one on one assistance to students. The Holistic Learning Program supports students in cultivating their academic success, personal empowerment, and educational revitalization. The coordinator ensures all services from this program meet the operational requirements related to the administration and implementation of legal mandates by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act of 2008 providing access to information processing, executive functioning and organization skills. This position also directly manages a diverse caseload under the direction of the director of OARS. This position may also assist the OARS department and the division with other special projects, events, and tasks as needed and required. The coordinator collaborates and works with a variety of constituencies throughout the community including students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Demonstrated understanding in ADA, Section 505 compliance as it applies to providing accommodations to
- students with a range of disabilities to include information processing, organization and executive function in
- A working understanding of the nature of specific learning disabilities and teaching experience at the college levelin the area of developmental writing, information processing, organizational and executive functioning skills.
- Teaches classes, facilities workshops and provides programs and services to create greater access to information processing, executive functioning.
- Ability to serve as an advocate for students for all racial, ethnic, genders and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- Supports and promotes the college's commitment to issues of social justice.
- Ability to foster dialogues between faculty and students and amongst various constituencies.
- Experience in website management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Understands the intersection of disability with race, gender and other social justice identities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of various forms of adaptive technology equipment and applications, functions, methods, costs and usage.
- Working knowledge of Universal Design for Learning and holistic teaching pedagogy.
- Knowledge of accessibility as it pertains to learning, electronic IT and physical spaces.
- Comfort using or ability to learn Microsoft Office, Excel, video production software (ex. camtasia) and assistive or learning technology (Dragon, Kurzweil,).
- Program assessment and data collection experience.
- Experience supervising student staff.
- Familiarity with daily office management responsibilities and budget/payment processes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and plan programs.
- Commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities within a community of college students and staff.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Minimum of three years job-related experience.
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin on July 5, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.