Dining Operations Supervisor
|Type/Department:||Staff in Hampshire Food|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Department: Dining Services
Job Title: Dining Operations Supervisor
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 40 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $20.00 - $22.00 Hour/Non-Exempt
$1,600 - $1,760 paid bi-weekly.
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Assistant Director of Dining Services
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits package to dining service employees.
New dining services employees are immediately eligible for the following paid time off package:
- Holidays - 12 paid holidays per calendar year, including 1 floating holiday
- Personal Days - 3 personal days per fiscal year, prorated according to start date
- Sick days - 1 sick day accruing per month (Maximum of 130 days)
- Vacation days - 10 paid vacation days per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30), prorated according to start date; vacation time will increase with years of service.
Hampshire College also has a winter break that is fully paid for employees from Christmas Eve to New Years each year, typically 6 ½ paid days.
On top of generous paid time off, Hampshire College offers all full-time employees an excellent benefit package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- College paid basic life insurance
- 403b Retirement plan with 8% match after 1 year service and employee contribution
- Educational opportunities for employees and their families, including a variety of college tuition benefits for dependent children.
Dining services offers regular, flexible schedules to our employees as we operate breakfast, lunch, and dinner service at 3 on-campus locations 7 days a week.
For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. Our dining services department provides high quality meal services to students, employees, and guests in the form of take-out, dining-in, and catering from multiple locations on campus. Dining services is a creative, collaborative, and positive work environment. As part of the dining services team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The dining operations supervisor will direct and participate in the activities of associates during a specific shift and oversee that assigned job expectations are completed while policy and procedure is maintained. Works directly with management team fielding and assisting with the entire catering process from start to finish.
This position is also essential to the student and community service & experience. As a member of the dining services team, the incumbent must feel comfortable working in an evolving, face-paced organizational framework with shifting responsibilities. This position collaborates with other dining services staff, and a variety of offices to meet the departmental goals, and further the mission of the department of the College. This position participates as a committed member and leader of the dining team in college and division work, projects, meetings, events and overall community development. Availability to work occasional nights and weekends required.
- This person in this position will have a strong passion for, and the motivation to create great quality breads, pastries, and desserts, adhering to the Hampshire College sustainability commitments.
- This role requires success at creating vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and allergen free offerings.
- The person in this role will have working knowledge of standard culinary units of measure, current and popular trends in the food service industry, and the ability to replicate these trends.
- The person in this role will be familiar with, and able to operate a wide range of industrial kitchen equipment ie; steamers, convection ovens, tilt skillets, slicers, robot coupe, stand mixers and floor mixers
- This role will demand fine knife handling skills as well as the knowledge and ability to use numerous cooking techniques.
- The person in this position will need to work in a wide temperature range.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Demonstrates and supports a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strengthens Hampshire College’s climate for diversity, equity & inclusion
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ job-related experience
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.