Media Production Coordinator
|Type/Department:||Staff in Library|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Job Title: Media Production Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $22.00 - $25.00 Hour / Non-Exempt)
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Advanced Media Technical Specialist
Anticipated Start Date: August 22, 2022
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. The Hampshire College Library is a dynamic hub of people, technology, and information that serves as an incubator of ideas across disciplines. Educating for change demands comprehension of the past and vision for the future. The library’s innovative and risk-taking intellectual environment fosters new ways of creating knowledge and understanding. As part of the library team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the advanced media technical specialist, this position coordinates video and audio documentation of academic and other campus events. Schedule: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm during the academic semesters with need for flexibility to adjust schedule for times when events are scheduled. This position must work occasional weekends for events, such as the College’s Commencement. During January term and summers, the schedule will switch to Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm to reflect the library’s hours. The media production coordinator records, edits and produces video and audio content for the web and for the Archives. This position collaborates with both IT and event services departments to provide limited classroom support and audio-visual production support for events. The coordinator provides consultations for events; suggests vendors where scope exceeds capacity. This position trains and manages work-study staff to help handle event requests and works under the guidance of college archivist to digitize collections for the Archives.
- Proficiency with a wide variety of audio and video recording, production and editing equipment.
- Proficiency in current editing software (Resolve, Premiere etc.)
- Ability to produce quality videography of live events
- Ability to organize and communicate complex production details. Ability to direct and manage workers of various capacities and skill levels.
- Must be able to effectively mentor students to carry out comprehensive projects.
- Creativity in problem solving as well as amplifying college mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- A commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds is essential
- Supports and enhances a sense of belonging and success of students from traditionally marginalized populations
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- A strong record of progressively responsible supervisory experience directly related to duties and responsibilities
- Experience scanning and digitizing a plus
- Event production, A/V, and/ or stage management experience
- Familiarity with archival media preservation a plus
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- Minimum of two years job-related experience
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin on July 11, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.