|Type/Department:||Staff in JEA|
|Search Status:||Position Filled|
|Apply Now:||Currently we are not accepting resumes for this position.|
Department: Justice, Equity, and Antiracism
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $23.00 - $26.00 Hour / Non-Exempt
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Senior Vice President for Justice, Equity, and Antiracism
Anticipated Start Date: January 19, 2023
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. Leading the collective work to transform Hampshire College into an actively anti-oppressive and liberating environment, the division of justice, equity, and antiracism through radical education and other socially just means equips members of the community to resist and redress inequities wherever they appear in the College. As part of the justice, equity, and antiracism team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting directly to the senior vice president (SVP) for justice, equity, and antiracism (JEA), the administrative assistant will provide support across and assist in the work of the division (including for the SVP JEA, the JEA assistant deans [assistant dean for collaborative and community engaged learning and assistant dean for restorative practices and antiracism]).
The primary responsibilities for this position are providing administrative support, program coordination support, and communications and outreach support. This position requires being able to function independently in a fast-paced, complex setting, must be flexible, able to work with members of other divisions/departments, able to exercise mindful and independent judgment, able to maintain confidences and to work in a highly consultative environment.
- Experience with budget management.
- Must be able to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced and complex setting and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to prioritize work and take initiative.
- Must have excellent communication skills—verbal, written, interpersonal, and organization.
- Must be able to maintain the professionalism.
- Must be flexible, able to exercise thoughtful and independent judgment, and able to maintain confidentiality in handling any number of sensitive matters.
- Ability to communicate with all college administrators.
- Must have advanced skills in Google Suite (e.g., Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Shared Drives), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Qualtrics.
- Must have effective problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
- Incorporate an anti-racist and anti-oppression lens into regular practice.
- Commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities within a community of college students and staff.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year college degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ job-related experience
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin on December 16, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.