|Administrator in Information Technology
|Currently we are not accepting resumes for this position.
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is accepting applications for a full-stack developer in the office of information technology.
The full-stack developer works with the web developer, and with a team of staff, faculty, students, and outside firms to design, develop, install, and maintain various websites and services for the College such as custom interfaces to Hampshire’s ERP, Colleague. This position designs and develops new database-driven web applications in addition to maintaining and enhancing custom interfaces to the College's administrative database of record. In addition, the full-stack developer recommends, installs, maintains, and administers learning management software and customized solutions based on faculty and student needs; resolves technical issues related to course website management; and assists the web team, as needed, in recommending, installing, maintaining, and administering content management software. The full-stack developer will maintain current knowledge of the field through professional reading, attendance at professional meetings, and participation in workshops and other training programs as appropriate.
The following qualifications are required for this position:
- a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related course of study with an emphasis on data-driven web applications
- a minimum of five years’ experience designing and implementing database-backed web sites, with a concern for maintainability and extensibility
- familiarity with database query languages such as SQL, and data exchange formats such as JSON
- experience developing within an application framework such as Django
- comfort with command line access to servers and git repositories
- a solid appreciation of web accessibility concerns
- ability to plan and execute work with minimal supervision, in alignment with strategic goals of the department and organization.
A commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- front-end JS framework such as React
- contemporary DevOps tools such as Docker
- learning management systems such as Moodle
- continuous integration and automated testing
- middleware development
- multivalue databases and web server administration
- Agile development
- project management
- atomic design principles, as applied to style guides and design systems
- modern CSS methodologies
- user research and design methods, in particular those used to determine business requirements, uncover user needs, or test application suitability
This is a full time, benefited position. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.