Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing
|Type/Department:||Administrator in Communications|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Job Title: Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $55,000 - $60,000 / Exempt
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Director of Communications & Marketing
Anticipated Start Date: December 10, 2021
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. The communications office provides professional skills in communications and marketing strategy, media relations, public information, editorial content, digital advertising, and creative services to promote the initiatives of the College and maintain a strong and compelling brand presence in the higher ed marketplace. As part of the communications team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the director of communications and marketing, the assistant director will play a significant role in the management and implementation of the College’s communications and marketing efforts to accomplish key institutional priorities. The assistant director will maintain Hampshire’s digital presence, sourcing, creating, and delivering compelling content to engage key constituents, especially prospective students and families, as well as alumni and donors, and general external audiences, across a variety of channels. Additionally, the assistant director will act as backup for the director in all campus partner and vendor meetings, and will provide significant input on strategy and output for the office.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the College to external audiences through the use of strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proofreading and copy-editing skills. Superior attention to detail, maintaining high accuracy and productivity.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple projects requiring close collaboration with colleagues and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills: tact, good judgment, confidentiality, a sense of humor, creative problem solving, willingness to learn, and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge working in Drupal or other web content management systems, social media and email platforms, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Incorporates an anti-racist and anti-oppressive lens into regular practice. Promotes diversity, equity and inclusion activities.
- Minimal travel is required.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications or related field.
- Three years of job-related experience
- A valid driver’s license is required and must successfully meet the requirements of Hampshire College’s driver credentialing policy
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
- Spanish/English fluency preferred.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.