Event Services Manager
|Type/Department:||Administrator in Summer Programs|
|Search Status:||Position Filled|
|Apply Now:||Currently we are not accepting resumes for this position.|
Department: Event Services and Summer Programs
Job Title: Event Services Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $43,000-$45,000 / Exempt
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Assistant Director of Event Operations
Anticipated Start Date: January 2022
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. The event services and summer programs office staff are event professionals who are committed to working with the Hampshire community, external organizations, and private individuals to plan events and programs on the campus of Hampshire College. Our staff provides organizational and logistical services that are timely, professional, flexible, and customer-driven. As part of the event services and summer programs team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The event services manager is responsible for managing all event related services and details for all events hosted at Hampshire College. Serves as the primary contact to a broad spectrum of internal and external clients using college facilities for events including: weddings, special occasions, summer camps, conferences, special business functions, college events and meetings. Promotes a “one-stop-shop” event management philosophy overseeing the operations of all support services for a variety of meetings, events, and summer programs/camps. Provides quality customer service ensuring high-levels of client satisfaction. Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to detail and have strong interpersonal skills to handle clients, employees, and interdepartmental relationships.
- Must have the ability to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while working under pressure.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be exposed to environmental factors such as frequent hot and cold temperatures.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required as well as excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and campus calendaring and room scheduling software.
- Must have the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, work independently, remain calm under pressure, communicate effectively and articulately, and be detailed-oriented.
- Must be highly motivated and energetic.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of judgment, problem solving and resourcefulness.
- Must have a commitment to quality and high expectations as well as excellent customer service.
- Must have the ability to organize, conceptualize and prioritize objectives.
- Must have the ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive.
- Experience in special events is necessary.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrates skill in understanding of cultural differences.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- This position requires a flexible schedule, including extended hours and weekend commitment.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to successfully meet the requirements of Hampshire College's driver credentialing policy.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year degree or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of job-related experience
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
- Four-year college degree in Hospitality/Event Management preferred.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.