|Type/Department:||Administrator in College Advancement|
|Search Status:||Searching for Candidates - Accepting Applications|
|Apply Now:||Would you like to apply for this position?|
Job Title: Advancement Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 35 Hours a week
Pay Range/ Status: $45,000 - $48,000 / Exempt
Location: Hampshire College Campus in Amherst, MA
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Anticipated Start Date: January 31, 2022
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is located on a beautiful rural campus in Amherst, Massachusetts. We provide residential undergraduate education to nearly 600 students. Each department at Hampshire College contributes to the collaborative culture of the organization and plays an important role in the success of the College. The mission of the college advancement team is to build and sustain positive relationships across multiple constituencies and to engage robust philanthropic support from many different sources in order to realize fully the academic mission and potential of Hampshire College. As part of the advancement team, you will be instrumental in the department achieving its mission and goals!
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the chief advancement officer (CAO), the advancement assistant works to maximize the effectiveness of the advancement division, which includes fundraising, communications and marketing, alumni and family relations, and career services. They will work to implement systems, processes, and tools for managing multiple priorities and organizing workflow. The advancement assistant will be responsible for organizing and maintaining the chief advancement officer’s schedule and correspondence, supporting the CAO with high-level projects such as board meeting preparation, staff retreats, and other special projects as they are identified. The incumbent will exercise a high level of professional discretion when dealing with confidential or sensitive information. They will act as a liaison to the President's office and work closely with staff and administrators across campus to support advancement work. They will support the alumni & family relations program, including providing front-line customer service to college constituents, supporting the creation and distribution of constituent emails, and cross training with other support staff. As needed, this position will work closely with the advancement unit directors to support priority projects and tasks across the division.
- Computer expertise within a professional environment, including proficiency with Word, Excel, Access (or other relational databases), PowerPoint.
- Comfort with learning and adapting to web-based tools (examples include Google Drive, Slack, research databases).
- Proven ability to manage confidential information and sensitive correspondence.
- Familiarity with web and email content management systems (such as Drupal and/or MailChimp) is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with diverse constituents with a high level of courtesy and discretion.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments.
- Embraces and actively promotes an inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Occasional night and weekend hours during special events may be required.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, and to work productively by establishing her or his own work plan, systems, and priorities.
- Attention to detail and flexibility while accommodating changing requirements and unexpected tasks.
- Strong and accurate writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required, with 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Alternatives to formal education and paid work experience may be considered as equivalent qualifications to include military service/training, volunteering, activism, and other non-traditional programs and experiences related to the position.
- Associate degree preferred.
Hampshire College offers an excellent benefits program for eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement plan contributions, flexible leave plans, and many other fringe benefits. For information on Hampshire College, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.hampshire.edu.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are particularly committed to revealing and combating the social and institutional structures that support racism and white supremacy in all phases of employment and college life. We believe that the educational and employment environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to work and grow. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, veterans, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Hampshire College is committed to removing barriers to employment faced by equity-seeking groups and encourages (but does not require) members of these groups to self-identify in their application materials. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity in the work environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Review of applications will begin January 3, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.