Visiting Assistant Professor of Computer Animation - Two year position
|Type/Department:||Faculty in Cognitive Science|
|Search Status:||Position Filled|
|Apply Now:||Currently we are not accepting resumes for this position.|
Hampshire College is seeking a visiting assistant professor to help us maintain our leadership role in undergraduate Computer Animation education. Since its founding in 1970, Hampshire has been a leader in experimental student-driven education and continues today with no departments, no letter grades, and customized majors for every student. Each student's journey through Hampshire is unique and self-directed. Faculty members are responsible for advising, supporting, and inspiring a multi-disciplinary and diverse student body.
- Teach two courses per semester (generally one introductory course and one upperlevel course)
- Oversee and update our cutting-edge Computer Animation curriculum in collaboration with colleagues
- Advise students at all levels in their Hampshire programs, including close mentorship on their individualized concentrations and their capstone (thesis) projects
- A passion for innovative undergraduate teaching
- Professional experience in Computer Animation
- A track record as a successful collaborator and an independent scholar/artist
- A commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse academic community. A terminal degree and/or substantial industry experience by the date of appointment (July 1, 2018)
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research/production interests
- Links to sample work
- Three letters of recommendation
Submit your materials via our website at https://jobs.hampshire.edu and click on "apply for this position." Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however only candidates whose applications are received by March 16, 2018 will be assured full consideration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Hampshire College is committed to an active, intentional, and ongoing engagement with diversity- in the curriculum, in students and employees, and in the college's intellectual, social, and cultural endeavors. Hampshire recognizes that institutional excellence comes from fully engaging with diversity in all aspects of its activities. We seek applicants who will contribute to the College's commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse academic community. We strongly encourage applications from women and minority candidates.
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity and inclusion in education and employment.